WHAT SETS OSC TRANSLATORS APART?
- Native fluency in the languages into which they translate
- Higher education in their native countries and continuing education in the U.S.
- Experience working as interpreters or translators in their countries and in the U.S.
- Knowledge of the history, arts and current ways of life in their countries
- Cultural sensitivity regarding use of linguistic and industry-specific terminology in both their native languages and in English
- Ability to translate into the most widely-accepted forms of their languages or regional variations, as determined by the client
OSC is a member of the Association of Language Companies (ALC), the American Translation Association (ATA) and the New York Circle of Translators (NYCT), which are dedicated to establishing and maintaining the highest standards in the industry for language services providers and professional translators.
WE BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
Not only with our clients, but also with our staff.
OSC’s translation department operates in a team setting. In-house translators of various languages work at our corporate headquarters. An extensive network of freelance translators complements our in-house staff for additional languages and industry-specific material. We have invested in longstanding relationships with both our in-house and freelance staff, and all work effectively as a cohesive team, for the benefit of our clients.
Our typical language manager for a technical project has the following background:
- Native speaker of the language and intimate knowledge of the culture of the language
- Advanced degree (M.D., M.S., Pharm.D., Ph.D, J.D./LL.B., etc.) in the technical field of specialization
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in language management and translation for the technical field, with ATA accreditation
OSC language professionals are informed on client requirements specific to each project, to produce translations using the appropriate terminology, regional variations and content. They are granted access to documentation, TM software, glossaries and guidelines, as necessary.
To ensure consistency in our translations and in regional expression, OSC has developed proprietary glossaries in English and all our translated languages. We continuously update these files with the terminology preferred by our clients. We can make them available in electronic format to any of our language managers.